Friday, July 17, 2009

What not to see at Comic-Con

Next week this blog will be taken over by a massive wave of Comic-Con goodness. Seriously, I am thinking about my total lack of sleep next week and it's scary.

But, hey, I'm a committed journalist. And maybe after all the madness I will be a journalist who is committed.

Over the past week Stephanie and I have been pouring over each day's schedule and making plans (and plan b's). Trust me when I say there is a TON of things to see and do there. I could just sit through panels alone and be busy the whole time, not counting the show floor and any hands on demonstrations.

There is, though, a few things that I do not want to see. Things I couldn't get paid enough to see.

One show that I used to love, "Heroes," is going to have a panel afterall, but it is offsite at a nearby hotel. Now I wouldn't have walked a few feet to see a "Heroes" panel, so I am not going out in the hot sun to hike over and see one. Once you lost Bryan Fuller, you lost me. Apparently Stephanie's friend IS going to the panel. I wonder how much I can offer her to ask Tim Kring why he still has a job after running the show into the ground. Scratch that, running the show underneath the ground.

For my next choice, I'll just paste what is in the schedule and let it speak for itself:

12:00-1:00 The Middle Special Pilot Screening— Emmy winner Patricia Heaton (Everybody Loves Raymond) makes her Comic-Con debut to introduce a special screening of The Middle, a new comedy about raising a family and lowering your expectations. Frankie Heck (Heaton) is a superhero. Well, no, not an actual superhero—but sometimes it seems as though getting her kids out the door for school every morning is a superheroic act. Middle aged, middle class, and living in the middle of the country, this harried wife and working mother of three uses her wry wit and sense of humor to try to get her family through each day intact. The Middle will air Wednesdays at 8:30 PM ET/PT on the ABC Television Network this fall, premiering September 30.

Yeah... how does this appeal to any demographic at Comic-Con? Seriously.

Be on the lookout over the next week for more prelim Comic-Con stuff.

No comments: