Friday, July 24, 2009

Meeting Geoff Johns

I was just walking around the convention floor Wednesday night, not really looking for anything.

It was packed and I really just wanted to get a few topics for some blogs and get out of there. I walked past the DC Comics booth and glanced over at some people gathered around a table. I did a quick double take as I saw "Green Lantern" writer Geoff Johns signing autographs.


Now, I came to Comic-Con to cover it not geek out all week. But, I told myself I could geek out a couple of times as long as I got a lot of work done too.

I geeked out as I jumped into the line. You see I foresaw that this exact thing might happen and brought my hardcover copy of "The Sinestro Corps War" with me... just in case.

Everyone else in line just had Johns sign the free copies of "Blackest Night" No. 0 they had sitting out.

Johns was very cool, shaking everyone's hand and greeting them warmly. I handed him my book and he smiled, opened it up and did this:


Yes, I got a special drawing to go along with my autograph. The people behind me were jealous.

No comments: