Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday, near the end

There were really no panels I was dying to see Sunday. I was going to try to get into the "Smallville" panel, but the line was beyond insane (people must have gotten up really early, not "Twilight" early though...).

So I started the day with sitting in on the panel for the cartoon "The Spectacular Spiderman" and ran into actress Kelly Hu. She is beyond gorgeous in person.


I haven't really seen much of the cartoon, but the crowd seemed to be really into the clips shown and the answers given about future content. Most of the questions asked were if a certain character was ever going to appear on the show. Lots of "maybe" and "hopefully" answers. Did find out that Hu likes voice acting because she can go to work in her pajamas and she would like to do that for the rest of her career.
Later I walked by Ballroom 20 and saw they were letting anyone walk right in for the "American Dad" panel. I passed. Have you seen the show?
Most of the rest of the day was spent walking around the show floor, just chilling. Truth be told I was tired and really ready to leave, but I wanted to finish out the con.
I ended the week with a panel called "Sunday Conversations" with the Dan Didio from DC Comics. What the panel ended up being was Didio walking through the crowd just talking about comics. He told the crowd that his mother died that week, but he wanted to be here today JUST for this panel. And he was right, it was great. Everyone was laughing so hard there were tears as the crowd and Didio talked about great moments in comics to the most ridiculous moments ever. It was great to be in there with so many people that just love comics.
A great way to end a five day adventure marathon.

No comments: