Thursday, January 22, 2009

'Previously on...'

Most times those two words are annoying to hear when you start to watch a television show.

You rushed to make sure the popcorn was done and you were in front of the TV right at the top of the hour only to have a few extra minutes to waste while the show catches people up on what happened previously.

I am guilty. I get really annoyed sometimes.

That is until Jan. 20. The last new episode of "Fringe" to play previously was more than a month ago. That, plus it showing after "American Idol" meant a lot of new viewers were going to watch "Fringe" for the first time or a lot of us have forgotten what happened.

It starts... with no catchup, just right into the show. As the show progressed I kept asking myself "Who is that?" "What happened to him before?"

Now I have seen every episode and I was kind of lost, imagine new viewers.

Note to self: Stop complaining about stupid, simple things because it might come back to bite you in the butt.

No comments: