Thursday, January 15, 2009

New episode up... and an editor's note



OK, in this episode I talk of my "Slumdog Millionaire" frustration. I didn't have a lot of time to go into a lot of specific detail on why I didn't like it. So, to be open and honest, here is the e-mail I sent to Stephanie about why I didn't like the movie:

*Editor's note: We usually hold off on telling each other specific details or opinions as to get a genuine reaction out of each other. In this case Tim couldn't contain his feeling or wait until a new episode was filmed. So, to show the true story, Stephanie's reaction will be posted as well. SPOILERS to follow*

I didn't like it at all. It was waaay too predictable. The most annoying part? The answer to every single question he was asked on the game show was directly related to some super important part of his life. My eyes hurt from rolling so much. Then when the finale question came I let out a sound of disappointment so loud that people turned around in the theater to look at me.

Throughout the movie he kept talking about the "Three Musketeers" and how him, his brother and the girl were the three musketeers, but they never knew the name of the third one. Well, guess what the freaking last question was? It had a scene that was worse than the one in "Zack and Miri," the little kid had to escape a portapotti by jumping in a vat of crap then was running around covered in crap for a while. Yeah, that moment led to an answer to a question too.

It really wasn't a love story at all, it was more a story of two brothers and their relationship. The girl just so happened to keep getting between them. So, false advertisement.

I read a great quote that someone said. This movie is a Hipster version of "Forrest Gump." Exactly right. Don't believe the hype.

Stephanie's e-mail response:

So you didn't like it then?

No comments: