Saturday, January 29, 2011

'Supernatural': Western episode teasers


Thanks to Jensen blabbing at San Francisco Con a few weeks ago, it was revealed to the fandom that episode 17 of this season will be a western episode. Through a few interviews here and there since, we know that Sam and Dean will be transported back into the 1860's because they need to have a conversation with Samuel Colt.

And for those of you that are either rusty, a little slow, or just joining us, Samuel Colt is the maker of "The Colt", that gun that can kill anything. (Well, anything but Lucifer and about five other people/things.)

We haven't been told why the Winchesters need to make the trip back, but I'm sure we won't find out until the episode before. However, we were given a very exciting teaser that spread across the internet yesterday, despite the obvious awkward void of knowing there would be no new episode, in form of the lovely picture from set that you see above. Thanks to the fansite @WinchesterBros on Twitter for posting it on their Facebook, it is a photo from set and they are currently filming episode 17. In the monitors you can clearly see Sam and Dean, wearing cowboy hats (excuse me while I fangirl for a minute), and over on the right top portion you can see what seems to be some kind of maybe bell tower or church steeple.

Although the series does shoot in and around Vancouver, there are rumors floating around that they could be filming this episode in Wyoming. I have no idea if it's true, however, Clif Kosterman (@bodyguard4JandJ) tweeted a few days ago about the weather in Wyoming. But, it could have been a joke.

Before I leave you fellow Sam Girls (...and Dean Girls if I must) to fangirl over that photo like I have been doing the past 24 hours, let me share with you one more thing.

I have been rewatching Season 2 the last few weeks, and came upon the season finale a couple days ago. It's been quite a long time since I have watched "All Hell Breaks Loose" and I'm sure we can all understand why. However, there is one scene in Part 2 that sparked my interest like it never has before. When they are discussing Samuel Colt and the churches and railroads that he built to construct that huge devil's trap to protect the doors to hell, I realized something. Bobby says that all of those were built in the mid 1800's.

Bobby mentioning this made the wheels in my brain start turning. Maybe the construction of this huge devil's trap will have something to do with Sam and Dean's trip back, maybe it won't. At first, I was thinking that it could have something to do with the making of the Colt, but then I remembered, John tells the boys that the legends say the gun was built in 1835. But, there is still a possibility that it could have something to do with the creation of the Colt.

Knowing the kind of stories that Sera Gamble, Ben Edlund and Robert Singer come up with, it wouldn't surprise me if this is tied in somehow. But then again, it wouldn't surprise me if they shock us with something completely different either.

Anyhow, I just wanted to share my theory with ya'll.

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The director of the episode is Guy Norman Bee...he's been tweeting from the set for the last few days. That's where the pics are coming from. You can follow him at @guynormanbee - He's mentioned several times that they're in Vsncouver. :) It would be really cool if Sam & De3an go back to the 1800's & actually help build either the Colt or the Devil's Trap itself!