Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Best moment(s) of 2010

We're gearing up toward our big Best Movies of 2010 show, but I wanted to talk about the best 24 hour period I had in entertainment this last year.

Saturday evening, July 24 at Comic-Con.

Hall H to be exact. Hard to remember the specific time thanks to Stabby McStab Stab.

Stephanie and I were at opposite ends of the room and I was sitting next to this very nice couple. The two of them had no clue what was about to happen and that made it even better.

We had heard rumors of Daniel Craig or Harrison Ford showing up for the "Cowboys and Aliens" panel.

We got both.

Craig came out first and got a good reaction.

Ford came out and the roof blew off Hall H. I can't even really put into words how amazing the reaction was. In some ways there was so much noise though screaming, clapping etc. that it created this strange buzzing noise that seemed to block out everything.

I still remember the look on the man sitting next to me. His mouth was wide open in shock and it was almost pure amazement joy.

Less than an hour later, it got even better with the big "Avengers" announcement. Even though Stephanie and I both knew it was coming, it was beyond everything we could have expected. (I still get goosebumps watching that video.)

In some ways it was almost too good to be true. I've mentioned this on the show before, but all our life nerds dreamed of this day. We just always thought it would never happen.

It's probably extremely dorky to say, but I was sitting there thinking "I'm watching history."

Then of course then next morning, I got to do this:

BEST... DAY... EVER!

No comments: