Thursday, August 6, 2009

Today is a great day

On a personal note, I have been a little down lately. Call it the "after Comic-Con blues" or something.

Nothing really exciting to keep me going or happy.

Until today...

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/08/05/at-the-movies-shakes-up-hosts/

As regular viewers of "Viewpoints On..." or readers of this blog might know I am not the world's biggest Ben Lyons fan. In fact, I really don't like him.

I think he makes a joke of journalism and gives young people who are trying to be good journalists a bad name.

I am so beyond happy that Disney has fired him. Not only that but replaced him and the other Ben, who I kind of feel sorry for, with two great film critics: Michael Phillips and A.O. Scott. Both appeared with Richard Roeper when Roger Ebert was out sick from his show.

Phillips was also supposed to be working on a new show with Ebert and Roeper.

These two excellent newspaper journalists will bring "At the Movies" back from the grave.

More on this topic tomorrow with the new episode of "Viewpoints On..."

No comments: