Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A look at the queue

Starting a new feature here where I'll share my viewing experiences with Netflix.

What have I watched recently? What is in my queue waiting to be watched?

We'll start with the renting of "Dollhouse" disc four, which was all the special features of the Fox show. Anyone who watches "Viewpoints On..." or reads the blog knows how much Stephanie and I both like "Dollhouse."

On this disc was the unaired episode "Epitaph One" and the first version of the pilot episode. Both were excellent episodes with "Epitaph One" showing a dark future where the power of taking over people's minds has spread around the world, causing an almost apocalyptic, "Mad Max" style world.

The unaired pilot was the one that Fox didn't really dig and made Joss Whedon re-do. I could see why. While I still enjoyed the episode, it gave away a lot of information and spoilers that were eventually told over the course of the entire season.

While on a Whedon trip, I rented "Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog." Stephanie raved about it and I thought I could trust her.

She's wrong. I didn't like it at all. I even fast forwarded through a bit of it. I am just not into musicals as much as I thought I was. Plus, I don't get the whole everyone loves Felicia Day thing.

Other films in my queue waiting to be rented are:

1. "A Face in the Crowd"
2. "Punisher: War Zone"
3. "Hard Candy"
4. "Run, Fat Boy, Run"
5. "Sunshine Cleaning"
6. "State of Play"
7. "Hulk Vs."
8. "Wonder Woman"
9. "The Rise and Fall of WCW"
10. "Nothing But the Truth"

No comments: