Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Me on E!... again

On Tuesday I headed over to E! Online to check out its weekly "Spoiler Chat" where they answer people's questions regarding television shows.

Much to my surprise, here is what I saw:

Tim: What does the departure of David Maples from In Plain Sight mean for his wife, Holly Maples? Is her character, Eleanor Prince, still going to be on the show, maybe as a regular? Her interactions with Mary have been some of the best parts of the show this season.

Agreed. Sadly, a USA Network rep says, "It's too early to address any casting questions for the upcoming third season." And outgoing In Plain Sight executive producer David Maples himself says, "I have been completely out of the loop on what's happening next. I know that they are making some changes. As far as Holly goes, she was not under contract last year; she was a guest star that was there from episode to episode. Thus far, nobody has contacted her, so I don't know what their plans are." Consider this the beginning of our campaign to keep Holly Maples as Eleanor on In Plain Sight. She's been the perfect addition to the Witsec office, and we need to keep her!

Sure, there are a lot of Tim's running around. But, here is what I posted on E!'s site more than a week ago when the news of David Maples' "firing" was reported.

Tim Sun, Aug 9, 2009, 12:04 PM
What does this mean for Holly Maples? Is she still going to be on the show, maybe a regular? Her interactions with Mary have been some of the best parts of the show this season.


First off, yes my question (re-written a bit). Second, I am glad they took notice of it since it might be a deal breaker for me. I, 100 percent, think that Holly Maples stole the show this season. Having the show without her now would be horrible. And I might not watch.

Also, on a weird note...

The reporter at E! who wrote the "In Plain Sight" article and contributed to the chat, Natalie Abrams, is someone I met at Comic-Con.

We were both in the press room typing away, her sitting behind me, and she was coughing almost non-stop. Part of me was annoyed, as I was trying to work, and part of me was trying to be nice so I got up and got her a glass of water. Yes, I am really a nice guy. Don't roll your eyes.

We chatted for a bit, then back to more work.

No comments: