Monday, August 24, 2009

If Weezer was wondering if I wanted them to, I want them to

My favorite band has another album coming out, and I couldn't be more excited.

On Aug. 16 the first single off the new CD was leaked on the internet. The song, with a really long title, "(If you're wondering if I want you to) I want you to" was uploaded onto YouTube and ready for the world to hear it.

My initial thoughts were that the song was alright. It is for sure a different sounding approach for Weezer, something I am totally fine with. I liked the "Red Album" because of how much they went in a different direction, especially with the other band members providing lead vocals on a few songs.

The chorus of the song is really catchy. Not as catchy as "Pork and Beans," but slightly more catchy than "Beverly Hills" which was a huge hit for the group.

In case you are interested, here is a link to a place where you can hear the song:

http://rockitoutblog.com/2009/08/16/new-weezer-leaks/

The other news was the name of the album was announced: "Raditude."

As in the words "Rad" and "Attitude" merged together. Very clever and I like it.

"Raditude" is set to be released on Oct. 27.

No comments: