Thursday, August 27, 2009

Me and an 8-year-old agree

I really, really like "The Soloist."

Not just because it is a journalism movie.

Or that I have met Steve Lopez.

I like it because it is a great movie that makes you feel good to be a human being. It has a great message that everyone has a story and we shouldn't just walk past and ignore people we see on the street.

As of right now it is near the top of my "Top films of 2009" list.

On Monday we took my niece (she's eight) to Disneyland for my father's birthday. On the way there she was telling us about how her parents rented "The Soloist" and how much she liked it.

She told us that it was a great movie and she really liked it. I told her about how the homeless people in the film were not actors, but real homeless people that the director wanted in the film not just for realism, but to help them out.

Her review of the film made my father want to see the movie, so I rented it for him.

Guess what? He enjoyed it too.

No comments: