Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Why I love Mark-Paul Gosselaar

Last night on Jimmy Fallon, Mark-Paul Gosselaar was a guest. Since I spent my teen years completely engrossed in "Saved by the Bell," I've never stopped loving Gosselar. I thought he was great on "NYPD Blue" and his current show "Raising the Bar" is just beginning its second season.

I, like most, assumed that Gosselaar would come out, talk about his new show and answer Fallon's questions about the "Bell" reunion Fallon's been trying to get together.

However, Gosselaar surprised all by doing the whole interview as his "Bell" character Zack Morris. He had an awesome blond wig, wore cuffed jeans and made lots of references to classic episodes. At one point he even took a call on his ginormous, early model cell phone and confirmed not only himself, but Elizabeth Berkley for the reunion.

I fell even more in love with Gosselaar when it turned out that he was such a good sport and doesn't take himself too seriously.

The interview is available for viewing at NBC.com and I highly recommend it to anyone who spent at least one Saturday morning hanging out at The Max with the crew from Bayside.

No comments: