Monday, June 22, 2009

The 100 greatest episodes: Tim's edition

I'm going to do something a bit different, in two parts. Rather than list my top ten, I am going to make two lists. One is my agreements with episodes I believe belong in TV Guide's list. The second will be a non-ranked list of my own.

TV Guide List:

84. "Alias" - "The Telling" - A great, great episode where Sydney finds out that her best friend Francie is an evil spy (the real Francie was murdered) and they duke it out. The episode also ended in a cliffhanger with Sydney waking up in Hong Kong and realizing she is missing two years of her life. I remember it clearly because we all thought "What the heck? Where are they going to go now?"

68. "Heroes" - "Company Man" - I've gone on record many times saying this is probably "Heroes" best episode ever.

47. "CSI" - "Grave Danger" - The Quentin Tarantino directed episode with Nick being buried alive. Just a fantastic episode.

38. "The Shield" - "Possible Kill Screen" - I would include this in my second list as well. This is where Mackey finally admits to every illegal and horrible thing he has done since the pilot episode... and the list is massive. Kudos also to Laurie Holden for her reaction to hearing all of this spewing from Mackie.

36. "Star Trek: TNG" - "Best of Both Worlds" - Picard as a borg and Riker takes command and outsmarts Borg Picard. Great cliffhanger and also good for affecting the franchise for years to come.

19. "The Office" - "Diversity Day" - My favorite "Office" episode, would go on my second list too. Best part was Dwight trying to guess Pam's card.

10. "24" - "Season 1 finale" - Devastating. I watched from day one and that ending punched you in the gut.

My favorite episodes that SHOULD have been on the list:

"ER" - "All in the Family" - Also known as the episode where Lucy Knight dies. Some of the best acting ever on that show. Best part was normal a-hole Dr. Romano's reaction to Lucy dying. YouTube it.

"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" - "The Body" - The best episode of "Buffy" EVER. "Once More With Feeling" might have been funny and everyone loves "Hush" but this episode rocked the "Buffy" universe and was totally amazing.

"South Park" - The "World of Warcraft" episode was comedic genius and deserves to be on the list ahead of "Trapped in the Closet."

No comments: