Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Today, I feel really old

There is a Web site that I go to every day, io9.com, which covers fantasy and science fiction. This week it had a huge story about how Tim Burton's "Batman" film turns 20 years old today.

I vividly remember seeing it in theaters.

Yes, I am somewhat dating myself here too.

I can't believe it has been 20 years already. I had the T-shirts, all the toys, even Batman Converse shoes! I remember children at school making fun of me for liking "Batman" so much.

So, 20 years later, does the movie hold up to today?

I think so. It nowhere compares to the Chris Nolan versions, but still is much, much better than the Schumacher films (I'll still go on record and say "Batman and Robin" is one of the worst movies ever made).

What else will make me feel really, really old soon?

No comments: