Friday, June 19, 2009

Got Kleenex?

Was about to post my response to Stephanie's post about the top television episodes (will post them on Monday), then I saw this story.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/pixar-up-movie-2468059-home-show

This story hit me hard. It is extremely uplifting (no pun intended), but at the same time very, very sad. I'll fully admit that I teared up reading it.

A couple of notes about the article. One, Pixar is one heck of a company. You never, ever, hear a bad thing about them. Their employees are happy, they put out an excellent product and they do things like this (and then don't comment on the article, which makes it a little classier too).

Second, if you have seen the movie or heard about it, the parallels between the movie's plot and what happened to this little girl are so similar it's a little sad.

And the reporter who wrote the story ended it PERFECTLY. Exactly how I would have ended it.

No comments: