Thursday, June 18, 2009

The 100 greatest episodes: Stephanie's edition

In the latest issue of TV Guide they published a list of what they think are the 100 greatest episodes of TV ever.

While I agree with a lot of their choices I have to take issue with some of the top ten. It isn't the shows they've chosen that bother me, it's the episodes. I chose a lot of the same shows as them, but very different episodes.

I decided to list their top ten and my top ten and let the audience (and Tim) decide whose list is better.

TV Guide
  1. "Seinfeld"-"The Contest"
  2. "The Sopranos"-"College"
  3. "The Mary Tyler Moore Show"-"Chuckles Bites the Dust"
  4. "I Love Lucy"-"Lucy Does a TV Commercial"
  5. "Lost"-"Pilot"
  6. "ER"-"Love's Labor Lost"
  7. "The Honeymooners"-"Better Living Through TV"
  8. "Mad Men"-"Nixon vs. Kennedy"
  9. "All in the Family"-"Cousin Maude's Visit"
  10. "24"-"Day 1: 11 PM-12 AM"
Stephanie
  1. "The Andy Griffith Show"-"Opie the Birdman" TV Guide's no. 18
  2. "I Love Lucy"-"Lucy Does a TV Commercial" TV Guide's no. 4
  3. "ER"-"Love's Labor Lost" TV Guide's no. 6
  4. "Star Trek: The Next Generation"-Best of Both Worlds Part 1" Tv Guide's no. 36
  5. "The Cosby Show"-"Happy Anniversary"
  6. "Battlestar Galactica"-"Exodus"
  7. "24"-"Day 1: 11 PM-12 AM" TV Guide's no. 10
  8. "The West Wing"-"In the Shadow of Two Gunmen"
  9. "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"-"Hush"
  10. "Moonlighting"-"Atomic Shakespeare" TV Guide's no. 48
I know some of my choices are based on personal preference but, I think it is also a more well-rounded list than TV Guide, who chose to cater to more popular, safe choices.

Pick up the current issue of TV Guide for the full list.

No comments: