Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dear "Smallville" and "Heroes"

Today Entertainment Weekly had a photo gallery up about which shows people are breaking up with this season. I have decided to share my break-up letters with two longtime loves.

Dear "Heroes,"

We need to talk. You are not the show I started watching four years ago. You clearly no longer care for my feelings, evidenced by the firing of Bryan Fuller and the continuing amounts of airtime given to Claire and Peter. Plus, your continuing bouts of plot amnesia make it increasingly hard for me to keep up with your shenanigans. For these reasons and many more, I must tell you it's over.

No, don't try to talk me out of it, it's too late, we can't be saved. I'm moving on and I'm taking custody of Zachary Quinto.

Dear "Smallville,"

I already told you two years ago that it was over, but you can't seem to accept the truth. You continue to beat the dead horse that is our relationship. Listen we had five or six good years but our time is over, you can't continue to live in denial. Maybe we can be friends if you suddenly decide to start flying, but until then, we're through.

No comments: