Thursday, October 15, 2009

'Buffy:' The Best Episodes

Since I wrote about "Angel" yesterday and I'm all about equality, today I will list my top five favorite episodes of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."
  1. "Graduation Day: Part 2"-The third season finale gave fans everything they could want in an episode. A huge battle, classic Joss Whedon humor and a heart-wrenching goodbye. I still love watching it.
  2. "Chosen"-Buffy leads her gang into one last battle, Willow becomes the witch she was meant to be and Spike saves the world. The ending a show of this caliber deserves.
  3. "The Prom"-I know it may sound cheesy, but I get choked up when her classmates recognize Buffy for all she's done to keep them safe. It gives meaning to all she's sacrificed.
  4. "Grave"-The season six finale was all about Allyson Hannigan as she effortlessly turned sweet Willow into Buffy's most dangerous foe. And there was the second plotline of Spike going through several trials to seemingly get the chip out of his head, but surprise it wasn't the chip he wanted out, it was his soul he wanted back. Just a fantastic hour of television.
  5. "Innocence"-The audience's first meeting with Angelus was everlasting and made viewers sort of hope Buffy wouldn't succeed in turning him back, because everyone loves a bad boy.
Honorable Mentions: "Band Candy," "Becoming: Part 2" and "The Wish."

No comments: