Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Putting words in Tim's 'mouth?'

In the last episode of the show, and two blogs ago, I talked about how "ER" is winding down and I was afraid they were going to kill off Dr. John Carter.

I was really afraid of that happening. It makes it even weirder that the character of Carter was based on Michael Crichton, who died in 2008.

So the first thought that popped into my head was that E!, TV Guide and Entertainment Weekly all have interactive Web sites that take reader's questions on television shows and answer them in regular columns.

I figured I would stick with Kristin on E! who I somewhat regard as a good television host, I don't throw the word journalist out for just anyone, and she always seems to have the best answers.

I emailed the site Thursday evening in anticipation of Monday's "Spoiler Chat" with the following: "Are they going to kill off Carter on ER?"

Late last night I checked the site to see the following:

Tim in Riverside, Calif: Are they going to kill off Carter on ER? Please find out!

I can tell you that Carter was definitely hooked up to a dialysis machine—not a chemotherapy machine or some other device, which I would say means his prognosis is better than average, at least.

First, freaking awesome that she picked my question and gave a good answer.

Second? I don't remember putting "Please find out!" in the email.

I guess I should just be happy that the prospect of killing Carter off looks less likely.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b101254_spoiler_chat_does_izzie_have_textbook.html

No comments: