Saturday, February 28, 2009

The new Green Lantern: Part 2

This weekend in San Francisco one of the biggest comic book conventions of the year, WonderCon, is happening.

One of the big annoucements to come out of the Moscone center is that DC's next animated movie will tell the story of Hal Jordan's first mission as the Green Lantern.

Voicing the character of Jordan will be "Law & Order: SVU" star Christopher Meloni.

Really? Hot headed detective Elliot Stabler as the Green Lantern? I'm sorry it just doesn't add up for me.

Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of Meloni's work, I just think he would be better suited to play a villain.

I hope this doesn't reflect what they have in mind for the live action version of the story. If so, I'm worried about what DC might have up their sleeves where the Green Lantern is concerned.

No comments: