Friday, February 27, 2009

New episode up... and some television thoughts



Stephanie didn't to catch "Lost" and "ER" by the time we filmed so we didn't get to cover it on the show.

"Lost" this week was actually a really good episode that sort of answered a big question. I say sort of because "Lost" has a way of making us think we have the answer but down the line the answer is different.

And even then there is some argument as to what the answer actually means. For me the question of who was the "Big Bad" on the show and who really was the good guy was answered tonight. There is no doubt, to me, that Benjamin Linus (Heh, I almost wrote Lyons...) is as evil as they come. He killed a few people in this episode and is obviously out only for himself.

On the other hand it appears as if Charles Widmore is a good guy, helping Locke try to get the Oceanic Six back to the island. It also appears as if Widmore had a hand in getting Locke to the island to begin with.

Kristin, my frenemy, from E! thinks the exact opposite of me: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b101738_lost_redux_casualties_of_war.html

She is, of course, REALLY wrong (as usual).

"ER" Thursday was a return to form for me. I haven't regularly watched since Noah Wyle first left. It was great to see Carter back working in the ER, being smart, outsmarting Neela and moving his arc forward. There was a great scene between him and Angela Bassett, that explained what was going on with him (kidney trouble) and ended with me almost falling off the couch laughing.

No comments: