Tuesday, February 17, 2009

New song could be genius, insanity

Editor's note: This is the clean version, search around YouTube if you like cussing.



A lot of people like to say that Tina Fey has "saved" "Saturday Night Live," especially recently with her Sarah Palin impression.

But, I counter with this video as evidence that, Andy Samberg and The Lonely Island have really saved SNL in the last few years.

Their digital shorts are always something I look forward to. From the start with "Lazy Sunday" to "Iran so Far" and "J in the P" (my abbreviation, if you don't know what that means then you don't want to know what that means.)

So, The Lonely Island (Samberg along with SNL writer Jorma Taccone and "Hot Rod" director Akiva Schaffer) just released a new CD "Incredibad," which has most of the musical Digital Shorts included. I told my friend David about the CD and he went out and got it. This was his reaction, via email, about the CD:

"DUDE I LOVE THE CD!!!!! OMG ITS SO FREAKING FUNNY!!!
i cant help but walk around and randomly scream. "IM ON A BOAT!"

Everyone I show the video to instantly falls in love with it. So that tells me something. That it is amazingly funny.

Or I know way too many weird people.

No comments: