Wednesday, February 4, 2009

American Idol: Season 8 so far

It is no secret to anyone who knows me that I am a huge "American Idol" fan. I love the idea of finding someone like Carrie Underwood or Fantasia, who, without the show would have never been discovered.

I consider myself a serious fan, so I don't get very excited about the parade of freaks that we are subjected to in the opening weeks. My favorite part is Hollywood week where the weak are separated from the strong and the future superstars are separated from the future lounge acts.

Now that we are smack in the middle of Hollywood week some real talent is starting to emerge. Once the 36 semi-finalists are announced, I'll be singling out my favorites and when the live shows start I'll be writing regularly about the performances.

Until then I'll just leave you with this thought, NO MORE BIKINI GIRL!

No comments: