Friday, July 1, 2011

'True Blood' begins the new season with handfuls of twists!

I'm pretty sure I have never screamed at my television so many times in one hour. Not even during "The Vampire Diaries" or "Supernatural". We were all warned that this episode was going to be a shocking one, but I don't think anyone was prepared for as many new twists and turns that we were given.

And I will warn you now, if you haven't watched the episode yet, do not read this post. Go watch it, and come back. SPOILERS AHEAD.

First of all, we find out to no real shock from me, that the fairies that have been trying to get Sookie to follow them throughout Season 3 are actually not all that good. I'll be honest, I was expecting that one.

However, the fact that Sookie was in the fairy realm for a year was a lot to handle in the first ten minutes. Not to mention when Jason walks in, this time, wearing a REAL police uniform. Can we take a moment and appreciate how fantastic he looked... okay, anyway, carry on.

Although we do not find out how or why Bill can no give Eric orders until episode 2, which I won't give away quite yet if you haven't figured it out, I really wanted to throw my food in his face when he told Eric to leave. Eric however, remains his arrogant and eloquent self. To no surprise, Eric is the one that bought her house, of which I cheered him for. And I can only imagine him standing in an appliance story trying to figure out which microwave to buy her.

Tara seems to have turned into a cage fighter and lesbian, and for the first time I since starting to watch this show, she doesn't annoy me every time she's on screen. Is it just me, or does this lesbian thing seem to come out of nowhere? I feel like because she always seems to be in a relationship with someone, that the writers were trying to find someone she hadn't slept with in Bon Temps, and couldn't come up with anything. So they decided to move her to another city and get together with a girl. Although, that may be a little harsh.

Thank God Sam didn't really kill his little brother. Because it's not as if the man didn't have enough emotional problems. I love Sam to death, but sometimes I feel like the writers put him through way more pain than he actually deserves. But finally, Sam has some little shapeshifter friends that for once, won't judge how much of a freak he is. It's about time. Since season 1, I have always felt that Sam has always been the good friend to everyone, where as everyone takes him for granted. I'm looking forward to actually seeing him happy for once.

And course, the creepy ass witches. Every episode after season 1, I am so beyond glad that Lafayette is still around. He continues to remain in the space between the humans and supernatural beings on this show. Obviously being scared of vampires because of Eric and Pam, but also willing to work with them and call them friends. However, this season it definitely feels like Lafayette will finally have to choose a side.

Aside from all of the separate characters story lines, one of the main plots of the season will be the new threat the public sees living with vampires because of Russell last season. All of the successful steps vampires took to gain their own civil rights have all been lost. Both vampires and fang bangers are being persecuted, and there is very little that can be done.

This is honestly the most shocking episode of "True Blood" that I have seen yet, and I can't wait to see what is in store for the rest of the season.

No comments: