Thursday, July 7, 2011

'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2' livestream from London

I know I wasn't the only one that tuned into the livestream of the ABSOLUTE FINAL EVER Harry Potter movie premiere.

In fact, considering all the distress that Twitter and Tumblr seemed to be going through all morning, I'm betting only about 10% of the world didn't tune in.

It's been a few hours since the trio, the producers, director, and J.K. Rowling gave their final speeches, and I still have no ability to come up with the right words to put in this post.

All I know is that these books and movies have helped define a generation of kids, a generation of fantasy fans, and a generation of film like no franchise has ever done before. Although I am looking forward to this film, at the same time, the closer it comes to July 15th, the more depressed I become.

I always hate when my favorite franchises come to an end. I did it with Buffy and Angel. I did it with Lord of the Rings. With Stargate. And now with Harry Potter. Although, there is something so epically different saying goodbye to this franchise more than any other. Whether it's because it's lasted for 13 years, or because it's been a part of me for the last 11, there is something extremely painful in watching it all finally come to an end.

However, I will only echo the words that J.K. Rowling said today in Trafalgar Square. Although there may be no more books and no more movies to this story, it never really will end. "No story lives unless someone wants to listen... The stories we love best do live in us forever. So whether you come back by page or by big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home."

No, I didn't cry...it was just raining on my face.

Here are the videos for the finale speeches from Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Daniel Radcliffe and J.K. Rowling.


No comments: