Thursday, July 8, 2010

Introducing the Classics Project

For my 200th post I wanted to do something special.

I had almost finished writing a rebuttal to Armond White's "Toy Story 3" review, but Slant beat me to it.

So instead I am pushing up plans for a new project for Inscaped called The Classics Project.

A little background first.

Apparently I went to middle and high schools that either didn't have a lot of money or didn't like books because over the years I realized that there are many books I've never read.

I'm talking like "everyone else in high school" read these books.

In light of that sad, sad realization I am going to right that wrong.

Starting this week I am going to read one classic book at a time and keep going (maybe forever).

To help, Stephanie put together a list of books that she considers "classics."

The bold items are ones I actually did read in school:

"The Outsiders"
"Little Women"
"Romeo and Juliet"
"Julius Caeser"
"MacBeth"
"Fahrenheit 451"
"Catcher in the Rye"
"Pride and Prejudice"
"The Scarlet Letter"
"1984"
"Animal Farm"
"The Three Musketeers"
"The Count of Monte Cristo"
"Wuthering Heights"
"Gulliver's Travels"
"A Tale of Two Cities"
"The Great Gatsby"
"Lord of the Flies"
"To Kill a Mockingbird"
"The Grapes of Wrath"
"Brave New World"
"Siddartha"
"Night"

Yes, I realize how pathetic that is.

I went to Borders Books this week and purchased "A Tale of Two Cities" and "Treasure Island," even though it's not on the list I think it's considered a classic and falls into the category.

My tale of reading begins now and I will blog along with my reading adventure... like "Julie and Julia" but without Amy Adams and food.

1 comment:

Candace Wilson said...

LMAO....i would just skip right oover Catcher in the Rye...i can sum up the story for you in one sentence...LOL