Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Emmy predictions: Comedy

Later this week the Emmy nominations will be announced by Joel McHale and Sofia Vergara. In anticipation of the big event, I've decided to post my Emmy predictions. Keep in mind that these choices reflect who I think will be nominated, not who I want to be nominated.

Best Supporting Actress:
  • Jane Lynch-"Glee"
  • Jane Krakowski-"30 Rock"
  • Julie Bowen-"Modern Family"
  • Sofia Vergara-"Modern Family"
  • Vanessa L. Williams-"Ugly Betty"
Best Supporting Actor:
  • Neil Patrick Harris-"How I Met Your Mother"
  • Jon Cryer-"Two and a Half Men"
  • Jeremy Piven-"Entourage"
  • Ty Burrell-"Modern Family"
  • Tracy Morgan-"30 Rock"
  • Jack McBrayer-"30 Rock"
Best Actress:
  • Tina Fey-"30 Rock"
  • Amy Poehler-"Parks and Recreation"
  • Lea Michele-"Glee"
  • Mary Louise Parker-"Weeds"
  • Toni Collette-"United States of Tara"
  • Julia Louis-Dreyfus-"The New Adventures of Old Christine"
Best Actor:
  • Alec Baldwin-"30 Rock"
  • Jim Parsons-"The Big Bang Theory
  • Steve Carell-"The Office"
  • David Duchovny-"Californication"
  • Matthew Morrison-"Glee"
Best Comedy:
  • "30 Rock"
  • "Weeds"
  • "Glee"
  • "Modern Family"
  • "The Office"
For the most part I stuck to familiar names. However, new shows like "Glee" and "Modern Family" have enough buzz that I think they'll break through. I should also note that I left off perennial nominee Charlie Sheen, because I think his very publicized personal problems may hurt his chances.

No comments: