Sunday, July 11, 2010

Full Schedule for Comic Con 2010

So the schedule has been released...but why is no one seeing stars or planning a weekend that shall most definitely be a fairy tale??

How about because the schedule is a complete and utter EPIC FAILURE! This is the first year I am seriously questioning the sanity of whoever schedules this madness. And this is the first year that the entire schedule FAILS completely.

First of all, being Comic Con veterans, all three of us can tell you that the schedules for Thursday and Friday are amazingly light, when it comes to big panels for the big films and television shows. So what do they do?? Pack everything between Hall H and Ballroom 20 on Saturday. And I'm not talking movies and series that have a small exclusive fandom. I'm talking some of the most anticipated panels of the whole weekend.

Oh, and don't even get me started on sticking hugely popular shows like "Warehouse 13" and "Eureka" not only on the same panel in one hour, but in a extremely small room, where these panels usually fill Ballroom to the brim.

Now, I know how Comic Con works. There is always going to be something you miss. For example, I accepted the fact that I may never get to see the Kevin Smith panel, because I miss it every year for one reason or another. No, this isn't one of those times. This year, it's unforgivable.

It has now been left to people like me, that love the television panels and the big movie panels to pick between Hall H or Ballroom 2o all day Saturday. I have to decide between "Captain America" and "Thor," or "The Vampire Diaries," "Bones" and "Fringe." What kind of choice is that?

An impossible one. In fact, I'm not sure I will make up my mind until after the WB panels in Hall H are over. That will be the moment I decide what I am going to see. And I can tell you, I am not looking forward to it. Okay, I have said my piece.

If you want to find out how this year's Comic Con is going to break your heart, check out the full schedule on their website:

http://comic-con.org/

No comments: