Wednesday, February 3, 2010

You never know when you'll need a used cement mixer


Over the weekend, as I ran my usual Saturday errands, I was surprised to see a sign advertising one of my guilty pleasure shows, "Clean House."
"Clean House" is a show on the Style Network that features people with ridiculously cluttered and messy homes receiving professional help to clean and organize their lives.

What makes the show great is it's host, Nicey Nash. She is a comedienne who is also known for her work on "Reno 911."

On "Clean House" she spends a lot of her time arguing with homeowners about what they can keep and what they should throw away. Every episode results in a yard sale of the homeowners best items to help pay for the makeover.

Well imagine my surprise when one of these yard sales took place in my neighborhood. As I walked around the building sorting through someone else's junk I wondered why someone would keep a cement mixer all these years but decided I couldn't judge.

I ended haggling with a show assistant on the price of some children's games. He wanted five dollars, I wanted three, guess who won.

It was kind of cool to go behind the scenes to see how they shoot the show and put together the yard sales. I'm not sure when the episode will be on but I can't wait to hear the backstory on the cement mixer.

No comments: