Monday, February 15, 2010

Olympics alternatives


With the start of the Olympics, TV watching becomes a little tricky. Not so much for me because I'm Olympics crazy. But, if you're the unpatriotic type like Tim you may need something else to watch.

I've checked around for a few shows and channels that are airing alternatives to the Olympics juggernaut.


FOX is still airing new episodes of most of its schedule including: "24," "American Idol," "Human Target" and the new show "Past Life." The network also had a new block last night of its Sunday animated programs.

"Lost" is only two episodes into its new season, so it's definitely airing new shows. ABC also has new "Grey's Anatomy" and "Private Practice" this week.

In case you haven't had your fill of jungle back-stabbing or action-packed trips around the world, CBS just started new seasons of "Survivor" and "The Amazing Race."

Cable shows like "Big Love," "Damages," "Nip/Tuck" and "The Secret Life of a Call Girl" are still airing new episodes.

So there is definitely programming for people who aren't into skiing and figure skating, though I can't imagine why you aren't (I'm looking at you Tim.)

As far as I'm concerned all those shows are what DVRs were invented for, because right I'm all about the Olympics.

No comments: