Wednesday, February 10, 2010

'Fringe' is the best show I can't watch

As Tim previously mentioned I agreed to watch an episode of "Fringe" if he watched "American Idol." Since I'm a woman of my word, I sat down yesterday and watched "Fringe."

Let me first say that I have never doubted that it's a great show, I'm just unable to deal with the horrifically awesome ways people die on the show. Luckily Tim chose a not so scary episode.

The show was titled "The Bishop Revival" and revolved around a character who was using a mysterious chemical to kill people with specific genetic markers.

What I liked about it was the way it used the mystery to reveal deeper layers in the father-son relationship between Walter and Peter Bishop. They have a tumultuous past and though they have seemingly gotten past it, old resentments still linger below the surface.

I also need to take a moment and discuss how fantastic Joshua Jackson is as Peter. Like a lot of people my age I had a huge crush on him during "Dawson's Creek" so it makes me happy to see him still producing good work.

Overall I think I got the much better end of this deal, as I can honestly say that if the episode doesn't involve people exploding or liquefying I'll probably keep watching "Fringe."

Tim on the other hand has not become instantly hooked on "American Idol." However, there's always "The X-Factor," which premieres next year.

No comments: