Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Never make entertainment wagers

Stephanie hates horror. Or anything scary for that matter.

So she has never seen one of my favorite shows "Fringe." Some of those episodes can be a little scary, even for a macho guy like me.

But, there are a few episodes out that aren't scary. And I figured Stephanie might enjoy some Walter Bishop craziness.

We struck up an entertainment deal. I would watch "American Idol" tonight and she would watch an episode of "Fringe" that I would pick out. A non-scary one of course.

I made a mistake.

I have seen bits and pieces of "American Idol" before, but never an entire episode.

And it was painful.

First off, all the hype that Ellen DeGeneres was starting as the new judge. Well, she got a few good lines in but it wasn't worth the hype.

Also, I could never be a music judge. Most of the people I thought were horrible, the judges thought were fantastic. And the people I thought were good, the judges hated.

Maybe I need to get my hearing checked.

Now I'm thinking I need to find the scariest episode of "Fringe" ever for having to sit through that.

No comments: