Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Nerdy... and awesome

I love the Web site Woot.com. They sell a unique item every day. Most days it's just one item, sometimes they sell dual packs and some days they sell a ton of products in 24 hours.

They also have a shirt site, shirts.woot.com. What the site does is holds weekly contests with different themes. Then people submit designs under that specific theme and then visitors to the site vote for the best. The top vote getters are then sold on the site.

I have purchased three shirts on Woot. Two of them have been worn on the show; the red "Apathy Coalition" one and the Halloween "scare badges." shirt.

A couple of weeks ago I saw they had an interesting offer. It was a random shirt for $6.66. I had no clue what I was getting, just a random shirt they would grab and throw into a box. But, for that price and no shipping, I couldn't pass it up.

Recently, I got the package and here's the design, which I love:

At first I didn't get it. My niece didn't get it either. It wasn't until my brother (who has a 2-year old son) figured it out in a split second.

Just think of the children's show "Blue's Clues" and you'll get it. Unfortunately I can't wear it on the show because of the green in the dead guy's sweater. It's a no go with the green screen we use.

Still. Nerdy and awesome.

No comments: