Monday, January 18, 2010

Golden Globes wrapup

So "The Golden Globes" show has come and gone and, of course, no real surprises.

As far as results, Stephanie got 11 right and I got 12 right. Out of 20. So we both technically failed.

Here's what Stephanie had to say about the show:

Ricky Gervais was funny but not as funny as I was expecting. It seemed like he was holding back a little bit. The Mel Gibson line was hilarious and the shameless plugs were great, but I still wanted more.

The best speeches of the night were Mo'Nique who was very gracious and Robert Downey Jr. who was hysterical.

For the most part none of the winners surprised me or made me feel genuinely happy until "Glee" won. I was also really excited for Robert Downey Jr. because he deserves to get a little recognition for the last couple of years he's had.

Overall the show didn't have the usual fun atmosphere that we've come to expect from the Globes. I don't know if this is because of what's happening in Haiti, which is far more important than any award show, or because the Golden Globes have become less important as more award shows pop up on the calendar.


I'd have to agree with her on almost every point. I don't agree with the Mo'nique speech. Both Mo'nique and Christoph Waltz knew they were going to win, they've won almost every freaking award coming up to this. I also loved Mo'nique's speech at the Critics Choice Awards where she said Lee Daniels was the best director out there. Yeah, 'cause she's worked with some of the greats like Jessy Terrero and Don Michael Paul.

Google it people.

Funny note. Mo'nique was in Daniel's other film "Shadowboxer" and she played a character named... Precious.

On a separate note, you think NBC was bashed enough last night? Jeez. It was a bloodbath.

No comments: