Sunday, February 5, 2012

Logging top films of 2012


Stephanie and I always list our top films of each year.

We spend an insane amount of time grading, rating and ranking each film of the year to make a list that we are fond of.

I've found that life is easier if I keep track as I go along. I use a feature from Yahoo Movies that lets you review and rank films to keep a running record.

Being the nerd I am, I have lists going back many, many years.

I thought I'd share my process each step of the way that leads to finalizing the best films of the year list.

So, each time I see a movie in 2012 I'll automatically rank it.

Since I've seen three films this year, let's start this:

1. "Chronicle"
2. "Haywire"
3. "Underworld: Awakening"

Do I think these three films will end up being the top three films of 2012? No way. I mean with "The Dark Knight Rises" and "The Avengers" coming out?

Obviously this list will change dramatically as I see more films. The main thing I'll be thinking is "Was this better than 'Chronicle'?" or "Was this worse than 'Underworld'?" And then rank accordingly.

"Chronicle" was very good though. I expect it to, at least, remain in the top 10.

No comments: