Monday, February 20, 2012

Don't force me into 3-D

It really annoys me when i'm forced into a corner doing something I love.

Case in point: I was going to see "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance" this weekend. It's just too bad my local theater didn't really want me to.

There were exactly two showings of the film not in 3-D. There was no way in heck I was going to pay $13 to see it. My theater is normally expensive ($9.50 matinees) so I was even debating just seeing it in general.

But, there my local theater (super close to my house) decided to screen more 3-D versions of the film instead. I get it, the film probably sucks. But to only have 2:30 and 7:30 p.m. showings?

So basically I had one shot to catch a matinee instead of every other film playing, which had 3-4. Stephanie even caught a 10 a.m. showing of "This Means War" at a different theater.

I know theaters need to make money. And it's especially hard with all these crappy movies coming out lately, but did they really make more money by forcing people to watch it in 3-D instead?

Or did people like me just not see it?

No comments: