Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Best of 2011: Nos. 8 & 7 (Stephanie)

My countdown of the best movies of 2011 continues with Nos. 8 and 7.


8. "In Time" - I know I'm going to get a lot of flak for this choice, but I really enjoyed this movie. The original story of time being the new currency and the idea that the rich lived forever, while the poor had no way out of their circumstances really resonated. Justin Timberlake was great as the leading man hero and it was a genuinely interesting movie. I would also add that every person I recommended this film to, loved it.


7. "Bridesmaids" - Plenty has been said about Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig (all deserved by the way) but what makes the movie work so well is the chemistry when all the ladies are on screen together. Maya Rudolph, Rose Byrne, Ellie Kemper, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Wiig and McCarthy let the world in on the secret torture and ridiculous fun that goes along with being a bridesmaid. The really scary thing is how much of this movie is 100 percent true.

No comments: