Monday, February 28, 2011

Stephanie's top Oscar moments

1. Christian Bale wins an Oscar. He's one of the best actors of our time and this win is no doubt the first of many.

2. Colin Firth is the dreamiest. I haven't met the woman yet who's not completely in love with Firth.

3. Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law are the perfect couple. The "Sherlock Holmes" co-stars had the best banter of the night and made me a little more excited for "Sherlock 2."

4. Kirk Douglas and Melissa Leo steal the show. First Douglas hams it up and provides the best moment of the night and then Leo drops an Oscar F-bomb in her excitement at winning.

5. Chuck can sing. Zachary Levi and Mandy Moore are adorable during their performance of "I See the Light" from "Tangled." I fell a little more in love with TV's Chuck.

6. The best movie actually wins. Sometimes the best picture winner isn't always the best film of the year. No offense to "The Social Network" but the best movie won.

7. Anne Hathaway was a fun host and did a great job with what she had to work with. James Franco was his usual awkward self, but I did appreciate all the "General Hospital" shout-outs. Next year how about Hathaway and Hugh Jackman, who was an unexpected star of the show.

8. Natalie Portman is a glowing winner. She's one of my favorite actresses and I love that she seemed genuinely excited even though she was the favorite. I've liked her since "The Professional."

Credit: Richard Harbaugh / ©A.M.P.A.S.

No comments: