Thursday, February 3, 2011

Joseph Gordon-Levitt in "The Dark Knight Rises"?


It was announced a couple days ago that "Inception" star Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in talks to join the cast of "The Dark Knight Rises". Ever since, there has been a constant conversation on Twitter and Tumblr about which character he should play.

I'm sure my fellow bloggers Tim and Stephanie talked about this this morning when they filmed the new episode, however, I wanted to add a little to the topic.

We have been informed the Tom Hardy will be portraying the villain Bane, and Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle.

For those that do not know, Selina Kyle is the woman that becomes the legendary Catwoman. Now, there has been no announcement whether she will remain Selina, or actually become Catwoman.

For this reason, I think Joseph Gordon-Levitt will be cast as another villain. Personally, my first choice would definitely be the Riddler. I have been a fan of this man for many years, and under the writing and direction of Nolan & Co, I think he could be the perfect kind of Riddler. Sharp, sophisticated, and creepy as hell.

However, since we have already seen a version of the Riddler in previous Batman films, maybe one of the lesser known villains would be a better choice. Tim, Stephanie and I have had this very conversation before, and all three of us agree that Hush would be a perfect choice for Nolan's series. With his connections to the mob, I would love to see a darker and grittier version of Hush. And once again, Joseph Gordon-Levitt would be perfect.

Now, this third choice, I'm not so sure about, but there has been a number of different discussions about it all over the internet. It wouldn't surprise me if Nolan decided to bring Robin into the story. Now, it would definitely be the biggest risk he has taken. Even more so than Catwoman.

But, if there is anyone that can stir Robin into this story, it's Christopher Nolan.

No comments: