Monday, February 7, 2011

The best Super Bowl trailers

While yesterday's game provided a lot of excitement, the biggest screams in my house came when the "Captain America" trailer came on. I stopped talking mid-sentence and was instantly hypnotized by Chris Evans' spectacular transformation.



After several views, I have to say I'm even more excited about this movie now than I was at Comic-Con. However, I'm still wondering about the opening date because that's Comic-Con weekend and I'm not sure about opening a film when your entire fan base is in one place. Imagine what ticket sales will be like at San Diego movie theaters.

An earlier geek out happened when the latest "Thor" commercial was shown. This is the next in Marvel's movie line up and it looks amazing.



The more I see him, the more Chris Hemsworth convinces me that he may actually be the fallen god. Plus Natalie Portman is endlessly charming and will be most likely coming off an Oscar win and the birth of her first child when the film comes out.

Perhaps the most mysterious film of the year is "Super 8" and while we got a nice looking commercial, I still have no idea what this movie is about. But, I'm willing to take a leap of faith with Steven Spielberg and J.J. Abrams.



Though we haven't talked about it much, "Cowboys & Aliens" is a movie we're very excited to see. Starring Harrison Ford, Olivia Wilde and Daniel Craig and directed by Jon Favreau, the film looks great and has a unique premise combining sci-fi and western.



There were also commercials for "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides," "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" and "Battle: Los Angeles," all of which can be found at Hulu.com.

As release dates, WonderCon and Comic-Con approach we will discuss a lot of these movies in more detail.

1 comment:

Candace Wilson said...

I nearly SCREAMED when I realized I was watching the first trailer for Super 8.... LOLOLOL. And Yup, same reaction to the Capt. America trailer. Stopped talking mid-sentence and pointed at the TV like a freak because I had food in my mouth... LOL