Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Golden Globe nominations: Instant reaction

Tim and I will have a complete review of the Golden Globe nominations on the next show, however, a few names require instant discussion.

First of all, having just seen "The Tourist" I have to wonder who thought this was a comedy. I suppose technically it's a comedy, but trust me when I tell you it's not at all funny.

I'm also wondering how "Burlesque" and "The Tourist" get nominated for Best Picture Musical/Comedy and "Toy Story 3" is snubbed. Does the Hollywood Foreign Press Association have no heart?


I'm also surprised to see that both "The Town" and "True Grit" were shut out, considering the Hollywood Foreign Press loves having big names show up to the ceremony.
On the TV side, I was really disappointed that "Justified" wasn't nominated, since the Golden Globes are known for honoring new shows and thinking outside the box.

Also, Piper Perabo for "Covert Affairs," seriously. How about Lauren Graham or Calista Flockhart or even Sharon Gless and Gabrielle Anwar.

And don't even get me started on Scott Caan being nominated for "Hawaii Five-O." That's right I said Scott Caan was nominated.

Well now that my brain hurts,I'll leave the rest of the analyzing for the big 100th episode of "Inscaped."

No comments: