Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Vampire Diaries: Predictions for "Plan B"

After being quite disappointed with the season so far after "The Return", episode 5 "Kill or Be Killed" has officially turned my frown upside down. I'm not going to bother trying to recap this episode, because far too much happened. I just wanted to share my predictions with you, for this next epic two parter, and onward.

Before I do that, there is one thing about "Kill or Be Killed" that I want to mention. I was very happy with the confrontations between Damon, Caroline and Liz. I have always enjoyed the Damon/Liz scenes since Season 1, and when Damon calls Liz his friend in this episode, I nearly died of happiness. I think Damon was truly hurt that Liz didn't trust him, regardless of being a vampire or not. There have been many times when Damon has gone out of his way to be a friend to Liz, and to help her with Caroline. To try and fix the relationship between them. And when he told you, "You are my friend," you knew he was hurt. I think Liz is truly the only real friend he has. Yes, he has Stefan and Elena, but they don't really count. I least, I don't count them. I am hoping that Liz in fact did not go through with the mind wipe that she wanted at the end of the episode. I imagine, throughout the three days that Liz was being kept in the boardinghouse, that Damon was down there talking to her, and has decided to keep her memory.

Now, on to the predictions.

1. Katherine and the Lockwoods

We were told by Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec that Katherine has a history with the Lockwoods. Now we know that she has a close history with Mason. Although this completely shatters my prediction that he is the gay character, I completely called the relationship between them. Not the physical one by any means, but that they knew each other. Now that Mason has the moonstone, what is going to happen? Well, I think we all know Katherine enough to know that she is using him, and he of course, is idiotic enough to obey her every whim. In fact, he reminds me alot of when Damon was still human. And like Damon, Mason is one of her victims.

Myself and my fellow skype buddies, believe that Katherine has been lying to the Lockwoods all along. That she tricked them into hiding out the moonstone for her own purposes, and now, she will be taking action. What is Katherine going to use the moonstone for? That is an entirely different prediction that I will get to momentarily.

2. Mason and Damon

From this week's promo, we know that Damon traps Mason. I think there is only one reason that he would do that: to tell Mason the truth about Katherine. The question is, will Mason believe it or not. Personally, I think he is way too far under Katherine's spell to side with the Salvatores. I hate to say it, but I think he is going to die a lot earlier that I thought. Damon is going to try and get through to him. Stefan will try to get through to him, maybe even Elena, but it's not going to work. He is still going to help Katherine, and he will die for it.

3. Jeremy and Bonnie

I know I'm not the only one that has been missing Bonnie and Jeremy in the middle of the action since "The Return". We have all been wondering where they have been through all this Katherine madness, and now that get to face her head on. Jeremy joins the hunt with the Salvatores, Elena and Alaric, and Damon approaches Bonnie for help. Personally, I am very happy that it's Damon that goes to Bonnie, and not Elena. That he's the one asking for help. I may be a Damon/Bonnie shipper, but I'm no idiot. I know that for there to be any chance of a relationship between them, that it won't be for a long time. But that doesn't mean that I can't be happy with just simple dialogue between them. I really do think that Damon and Bonnie could put aside their differences and be an unstoppable team. And if you add in Alaric, that's just the icing on the cake. However, this is only going to happen if Bonnie takes a big girl pill and grows up. I know she has some issues to work out, but she is still being childish. She decided to accept her family legacy and protect Mystic Falls. But since then, all she has done is had one temper tantrum after another. I really hope that she grows up soon.

When it comes to Jeremy, I'm not entirely sure what to think yet. It's clear that he wants to help, that he is tired of being on the sidelines. He has in fact, taken a step higher than Bonnie, put aside his differences with Damon and decided to fight beside him. When Elena being kidnapped very soon, I'm hoping that Jeremy is going to be taking the steps to become a bad ass hunter like Alaric. There is no one better to be trained by.

4. The moonstone

We have all been wondering what the hell the moonstone does. At first, we all thought it had something to do with the werewolf transformation. But I don't think so at all. Here is my theory. First, the moonstone needs to be activated by werewolf blood. I think that's why Katherine wanted the Lockwoods to keep it close. Hence the reason why I think Mason is going to die in the next few episodes. But what exactly does the moonstone do? That's still a little cloudy for me, but I am seriously leaning towards either calling someone, or bringing someone back. That's where the well comes in. Production photos of Bonnie and Caroline looking down the well were released a couple weeks ago. Now, in the books, Stefan is being held captive by Katherine down in the well. It's obvious that's not the case in the show. But something, or someone is down there.

I'm thinking Katherine trapped someone else down there, and the first person that comes to mind is Emily. Most of us all have our own theories on Emily. I have always felt that she is alive and kicking somewhere, and that she will eventually waltz into Mystic Falls again. Is Katherine going to use the moonstone to bring Emily back to life, or call Emily to her? Tune in this Thursday to find out.

5. Who is Rose?

From spoilers that have been released in the last few months, we know that Rose is a vampire and that she kidnaps Elena. But why? I think it's safe to say that Katherine has something to do with it. I am more interested in who she is exactly. A five hundred year old vampire that is in search of something having to do with Stefan. My skype and Twitter buddies Tasha and Sharie are wondering if that rose tattoo has anything to do with Rose. I'm not sure. That would be an interesting development. Considering how very independent Katherine is, and that she is willing to give up her closest companions for her own survival, I'm thinking Rose has a dilemma against her. Julie Plec revealed that Damon and Rose have some kind of history. Is Rose going to help the Salvatores fight against Katherine? It wouldn't surprise me.

No comments: