Friday, September 10, 2010

NBC/Universal acquires the rights to Stephen King's 'The Dark Tower' series


Being very familiar with the series, I have been hearing rumors here and there that Stephen King was interested in finding a team to bring his epic seven novel fantasy/horror series "The Dark Tower" to the big screen. I'm not sure he could have found anyone better.

So, here's the plan. Ron Howard will direct the first film, which will lead into the first season of the television series which he will be an Executive Producer with Akiva Goldsman. The first season will lead into the second film with will lead into the second season which will lead into the third film. You get the idea.

Honestly, knowing how involved and complicated this series is, I believe this format is absolutely brilliant and gives the story a chance to be told as it should. Even though I have never personally read the series, I am very excited about this. A series that took 30 years for King to finish, I might finally have to pick up book one.

Check out the full story here.

No comments: