Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fall TV: 'Mike & Molly' and 'Running Wilde'

Basically, a waste of comedic space. I'm not sure how else to put it.

I can see some hope for "Mike & Molly," if they drop all the not-so-funny jabs making fun of each other's weight. But then, there would be about five minutes of air time left. The only good thing this sitcom even has is Billy Gardell, who has great comedic sarcasm. I just wish it was written better.

Honestly, the jokes were almost offensive. All they did was make fun of overweight people, junkies, and cops. It has nothing a great sitcom needs. It was neither witty or smart, and had no shining moments of laughter to speak of. Not like "The Big Bang Theory" which at times leaves me gasping on the floor. All in all, CBS has fallen short with "Mike & Molly."


I couldn't imagine anything worse, than "Mike & Molly." I was very quickly proven wrong with FOX's new comedy series "Running Wilde."

I can't even bring myself to tell the plot, because it is so ridiculous. This show actually made me feel like I lost a few points of my IQ. It offends me that Hollywood thinks they are dealing with such an unintelligent audience. Will Arnett and Keri Russell have absolutely no chemistry on screen, and I almost gagged in disgust when I found out the girl's name narrating the story is Puddle.

I mean, really? How in the world is that funny? Once again, there is nothing smart and witty about this show, which is something that audiences look for and love today. Frankly, the acting is horrible, and the writing is nothing to marvel over.

I'm thinking I should write a letter to every major studio in Hollywood, begging them to realize that their audience isn't a bunch of mindless zombies that think a depressed overweight man eating a bare hot dog on a diet he found in a bride magazine is funny. Well, most of us anyway.

I beg of you, do not waste your time with "Mike & Molly" or "Running Wilde." My guess is they will both be canceled before Thanksgiving. Halloween if we are lucky.

Frankly, I would rather watch reruns of "House" and "The Big Bang Theory" in their time slots. The ratings would definitely be better.

No comments: