Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Battle of the 'Snow White' movies

Last week we were treated to the first trailer for "Snow White and the Huntsman," otherwise known as the Kristen Stewart version.



My first reaction was "wha?"

Why is Snow White in battle armor? My brain hurts.

I put a lot of faith in the other Snow White movie "Mirror Mirror," because Julia Roberts is the Evil Queen in that one and Tarsem is directing it. Good enough combo for me.

But, then I saw the trailer tonight...



What... the... hell...

I don't even know what I'm supposed to say about that. Visually it looks great, then the characters open their mouths.

The Evil Queen is supposed to be EVIL, not a funny, "Devil Wears Prada"-esque, "let's throw a bunch of crap in a blender" character.

And the dialogue... "Snow-way!" "You can rub my tummy!"

I may have to let this digest over the next few days.

No comments: