Monday, May 10, 2010

Random movie news...

First, I gotta ask this question after seeing the trailer again with "Iron Man 2"....does anyone know what the hell Christopher Nolan's "Inception" is about?? The movie looks cool as hell, but I'm still trying to figure out the story....Okay, anyway...back to the point...

I have run into a lot of random casting news, writing news, and photos over this weekend for many different movies. So I figure I'd take care of them all in the same post.

Well, I was gonna start with comic movies first, but as I was writing this post, more news was reported, including the first pictures from the set of "Conan", revealing the first photos of Jason Momoa in costume as the legendary warrior. The pictures are a little blurry, but you get the idea.


I know a lot of people have been very weary of Jason Momoa playing Conan, wondering if he is big enough. Personally having met the man, I think he is plenty big, and a very fine actor. Not only do I think he is perfect for this role, but this will be much better than the original, seeing as the script as we have been told, stays closer to the original story from the book.

And although there have been no pictures released yet, I bet his costume as Khal Drogo in "A Game of Thrones" looks very similar to this. From the small time SyFy channel character of Ronon Dex in "Stargate: Atlantis", to Khal Drogo in the beloved series from George R. R. Martin, to the legendary warrior. Congrats, Jason, I'm pretty sure your career just went from small time to very big!

Comic movie news:

In final negotiations to play evil scientist Arnim Zola in"Captain America" is Toby Jones. He will be joining Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson and Hugo Weaving. Actually, I didn't even know Hugo Weaving has been cast. I must have missed that news.

I'm not sure I missed the news about this movie being filmed, based on Warren Ellis' graphic novel "Red". The rights were picked up by Summit Entertainment, and it stars Bruce Willis, Mary-Louise Parker, Helen Mirren, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich, Karl Urban, Brian Cox, Richard Dreyfuss, Ernest Borgnine, Julian McMahon, James Remar, Rebecca Pidgeon and Felicia Day. Ha! With a cast like that, I can care less what kind of movie it is, I'll see it anyway.
Someone snapped a picture of Peter Sarsgaard as Hammond on the set of Green Lantern. Now, I'm not as familiar with the story of Green Lantern as I should be, so I'm counting on you guys to tell me if he looks fantastic or not.


And just for good measure, if you have seen "Iron Man 2"yet, you would be excited for this all over again, here's the first look of Chris Hemsworth as "Thor".


Casting and writing news:

Antony Hopkins has been cast to play villain Pharotu in "Arabian Nights". It is scheduled to begin principal photography at the end of the summer.

Jerry Bruckheimer has announced that development on "Bad Boys 3" is finally moving forward. The script will be written based on Will Smith's idea. Finally, is all I can say about this one.

Speaking of finally, David Twony has written the script for "Riddick", the third movie of the series. He released the synopsis of the film:

"Betrayed by his own kind and left for dead on a desolate planet, Riddick (Diesel) fights for survival against alien predators and becomes more powerful and dangerous than ever before. Soon bounty hunters from throughout the galaxy descend on Riddick only to find themselves pawns in his greater scheme for revenge. With his enemies right where he wants them, Riddick unleashes a vicious attack of vengeance before returning to his home planet of Furya to save it from destruction."

Terrence Howard has been cast to play Nelson Mandela opposite Jennifer Hudson in "Winnie", based on the story of Mandela's wife, Winnie Mandela.

No comments: