Monday, December 21, 2009

Death and entertainment

I was at Disneyland Sunday when my sister called to say Brittney Murphy had died.

My first reaction was “Oh, that’s too bad.” Then the journalist in me kicked in and wanted to know more. But, in this TMZ world, true facts don’t always make themselves known right away.

Rampant speculation on the other hand, runs wild.

Stephanie and I are both big believers in journalistic integrity. We detest TMZ, Access Hollywood and the like. Sitting there in New Orleans Square I decided that I would wait and watch it on CNN before I came to any conclusions.

The Internet on the other hand, already knew that Murphy died because of an eating disorder or cocaine use. The fact is that no one knows what really happened and won’t for a few weeks.

We’ll talk more about this during the news segment of the next “Inscaped” which we are shooting Wednesday morning.

No comments: