Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Movies I really can't live without

On Stephanie's request I am also going to present a list of the top five movies that I love. These are movies that I can sit back and watch over and over. Of course they might not be the best movies ever made, but for one reason or another I can't help but watch when they come on.

1. "So I Married An Axe Murderer" - A little seen film by Mike Meyers (Before "Austin Powers" about a regular guy who is paranoid about relationships who comes to think he is in a relationship with a murderer. Very funny. I can recite lines from the movie right now. I actually saw it in the theater and probably have seen it a couple dozen times since then.

2. "Men In Black" - I saw it in the theater four times! I even went to the world premire in Los Angeles and got into a special screening. I don't know what it is about the movie, but I can just watch it over and over. The effects are great and the script is really funny. It's too bad the sequel is horrible.

3. "Willy Wonka" - The original. Now, I love the new version. I think it follows the book better, but in my elementary school years I just loved the original one. It was a dream come true back then. The songs are great and Gene Wilder is beyond excellent.

Those are my top three. I also love "Jurassic Park," "A Time to Kill," "Serenity" and "The Dark Knight."

No comments: