Friday, April 17, 2009

My top shows of the 80s

AOL recently posted a list of the best TV shows of the eighties. For the most part I agreed with their list, although I would have changed some of the rankings.

Below I have posted their top five and my top five. I think mine is closer to what the general public, and not a room of TV critics, would think was the best .

AOL
  1. "Cheers"
  2. "Hill Street Blues"
  3. "Moonlighting"
  4. "thirtysomething"
  5. "The Cosby Show"

Stephanie

  1. "The Cosby Show"-still one of the funniest shows on TV and it holds up extremely well.
  2. "Moonlighting"-Bruce Willis and Cybil Shepard as a modern day Tracy and Hepburn.
  3. "Family Ties"-Michael J. Fox will always be my first love.
  4. "21 Jumpstreet"-tackled a lot of taboo subjects before it was cool to do so, and of course it introduced the world to Johnny Depp.
  5. "Macgyver"-If I need to get out of a hostile country or I'm trapped in a room with a bomb, there is no one else I'd want with me.

Honorable mention: "Growing Pains"-who didn't want to date Mike Seaver, a.k.a. Kirk Cameron? The Jonas Brothers and Zac Efron may think they're big, but they're not Kirk Cameron big.

No comments: